[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Feeling the love

A while back, I had the ambition to make a quilt for Cadence out of material that our friends would give us. It never happened. I got busy, one thing lead to another, and I didn't go out and buy a sewing machine, as had been the original intent. Too many other things needed to be bought, and too many other things needed to be done, to bring our baby home.
My mom had sent several swatches to me, and I spoke with a friend at work about her sewing skills. She offered to put together a little something for me, out of the material swatches my mom had sent. I was expecting something very simple.
Today she presented me with this beautiful blanket. It was such a wonderful feeling to know that Ramona had done this, and done it so well. It's very apparent that a lot of attention went into detail. The swatches were of no particular color scheme, and Ramona put them into a pattern that makes them just fit together so well. The back is a very soft material with tiny heart shaped flowers on it, the same tone of green as many of the patches.
Throughout this journey, I think one of the most fulfilling aspect so far, has been the warm, heartfelt acceptance from others. I've received emails from people wishing us the best, and been touched by the stories of others that I would have never even known existed, if we were not also adopting. I've become friends with Renita...the phone agent helping me with our school loans, now also following our journey. I've conversed via email with Ann, an aunt of another person adopting from China. I've received many comments from my friend, Happy, that responded to our blog in the early months, as a random act of finding our blog...He's been cheering us on the entire time, continually making me smile or laugh. And the friendships I've gained from other adoptive parents, and the wonderful support from my friends on MSN Adopting from China all of you have been my backbone through this wait. I've gained so much, and appreciated the sincere kindness, generosity, and positive wishes from friends and family on our journey to Cady. My mom is overjoyed that she will soon have her new grandbaby home. As we go to China, I knew we would be taking with us our friends and family. That was the original purpose of this journal, to be able to share our experiences with our close friends and family, as they happened. But as the months have progressed, I've realized that we are taking many more friends with us to China, friends that we've met along the way.

Thank you, Ramona for the beautiful blanket, and everything else you've done to welcome Cady home.
Scott and I feel so blessed to have such wonderful people that embrace the homecoming of our daughter.

4 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger Gen said...

Oh my gosh...my latest entry has basically the same title and it is quilt related.

Great minds think alike! haha

gen

****you are almost there!!!

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Family Bits said...

LOL too funny gen! We must be on the same wave length!

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

What a thoughtful gift. My mother is currently making a quilt for my daughters twin bed. I just can't wait until it is finished!

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger R&H said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home