[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

Monday, February 20, 2006

Busy days...



What a wonderfully busy weekend we had! Saturday, Scott worked for most of the day on the travel link, for while we're in China. He's actually already started writing in his journal there. You can view it at the left of the blog, go to "Significant Milestones", then to "Our travels in China" then, when you're at the Welcome page, click on the tab above titled "He Said" to see what he has already started. I love that he also added a page for Cady that can be added to as we get to know her.

On Sunday, we picked up the crib, and Scott put it together in our bedroom. We're very happy with the selection. It's a convertable 3 in 1. It turns into a toddler bed, then a twin bed. We have discussed sleeping quarters at length, and have decided that, because of the amount of time that she's been in the orphanage, we want her to sleep in our bedroom, and to give her the sense of security that she has never known yet, in her 15 months of life. Her bedroom, for now, will be filled with her clothes and toys. Besides, as crazy as it might sound, it's also a selfish decision to co-sleep in our bedroom with Cady, because both Scott and I completely enjoy the thought of being parents to her, and everything that comes with it.

Today, I sent away for a courier to get our visas prepared, and ordered a mattress for her crib. Then I went to various stores (third day in a row), and stocked up on more items that we will need for the trip and for when we return home....and still more to go. It seems every time I go out, I end up with more things to get.

I also purchased a beautiful Easter dress for her today, with matching pantaloons and white lacy socks. (you can click on the dress to see an enlarged picture). I realized that around 4 weeks after we return from China, it will be Easter. Our first public celebration with our daughter.

And of course, I had to also get a couple of summer outfits,

and a ladybug outfit with a slicker, just in case .....ok who am I kidding? It doesn't rain in the summer here, but it was too cute. And if she needs it, well now she has it.

4 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger Yoli said...

Why did you do this woman? Now I have to get my tired behind off the bed and drive to Target so that I can get that slicker!!!!!

The clothes are beautiful thanks for sharing. She is going to be so well dressed and that coupled with her good looks is a dangerous combination. She is going to have you two wrapped around her precious little finger!

Yoli

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Hi Karen, I saw your post on the MSN board about the outfits you bought and sure enough, they are adorable! The Easter dress is beautiful and Cady is going to be so pretty in it. I can't believe you found the ladybug outfit at Target, my favorite store...I am so there tomorrow on the look out for this!

Donna:)

 
At 5:30 AM, Blogger R&H said...

I LOVE that little ladybug jacket and jeans! It's sooo cute!

 
At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home