[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Our daughter

This beautiflu picture is from Half the Sky Foundation. It says to me what my heart is feeling right now. The girl stands on The Great Wall, and holds a red ribbon to the wind, reaching to the other end.
Our daughter is in a SWI (social welfare institute) which gainfully utilizes Half the Sky . I was overjoyed when I saw that.

(We get pictures Thursday morning, and we'll post them ASAP)

I got the call at 10:43 this morning. I had promised Scott that I would not ask anything about her; the way she looks, her age, or anything else. We had promised each other that we would be getting to know her together when we get her picture and information.
OK So, I cheated a little. When I talked with our agency rep, I told her that I don't want to know the age, but an age range would be good. She said, when we travel in about 5 weeks, she will be about 17 months old. I asked some details about her Province and her Chinese name.
As soon as I wrote down the name, I started crying. It was real. It was more than pushing papers, signing on the dotted line and handing over money. She had a name. My friends at work gathered and gave me wonderful hugs, which made me cry more.
Then I called Scott. When I told him we have a daughter, he insisted on knowing the age, and everything he could. So, waiting to know "everything later", ended as quickly as it began.
We can't see her till tomorrow morning, but I called the agency again, and got detailed information:
She is in the Anhui Provence. This is in the westernmost part of east China.
Her Chinese name is Qing-Rong, (pronounced Ching-Roong). In Chinese, it means Blue Lotus.
Her birthday is October 26, 2004. Tomorrow she will be exactly 15 months old.
She is a Scorpio, and was born in the Chinese year of the Monkey.
(Scott is also a Scorpio and born in the year of the Monkey)
She does not have a bad haircut, and in the pictures she's wearing a pretty, flowered dress. (the "mom" in me just had to ask)
She weighs 22 lbs and is 28 inches tall.
She is perfectly perportioned.
She is our daughter.

14 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger Daphne said...

Congratulations, I know you guys are on cloud nine!!!! Can't wait to see the photos.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Stacey T. said...

Congratulations!!! What a wonderful day and what a beautiful name!! I can't wait to see her picture!

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Congratulations! You have a daughter and I know she will be perfect. Please post pictures as soon as you can!

Heather E. (from MSN)
LID July 20, 2005 for Sydney (or Twins!)
www.EncinosaFamily.com

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Sandra said...

Congratulations - I bet you can't sleep tonight waiting for her picture!! What a glorious day!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Monica said...

I am so happy for you! What a perfect day, week, month!

Monica

 
At 3:40 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys. I requested the Anhui Provence (or Hunan, but we'll be happy with what we get of course), because I had a little girl from there in my preschool class I helped to teach whom I love very much. How fortunate that she has benefited from half the sky too. I can't wait to see her picture. She will be beauttiful and pretty like her name. Hooray for you! Hoorady for Cadence!

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger Lisa~~ said...

Congratulations, you must be over the top excited!! Can't wait to see the pictures.

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Congratulations Mom and Dad!!! I can't wait to see pictures!

Kim

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Karen - I am thrilled for you!! What a beautiful name! Can't wait to see her little face! Your baby was born on my DH's birthday! He's an amazing and loving person - you are so lucky! I know the wait was awful - and now another wait begins - this one is shorter though! Congrats again! Can't wait till you are freakin about the packing...LOL

Missy - 21 days till Chloe Rose and counting!

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Less than an hour before you see her face for the first time. I'm all teary just typing this!

Don't forget your Lamaze training and BREATHE!

I bet you look at her picture 20 times on the drive back home. :)

Donna

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger mama d said...

Spec-tac-u-lar! Congratulations to you all, and a huge hug from California. October is a wonderful month, full of promise.

- kristin

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Tonia said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait to see her picture. Our daughter's birthday is also October 26th. She will be 4 this year.

Hugs -
TOnia

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! The wait has been long--we have been traveling this same road right along with you :) May you have safe travels as you go to pick her up.

Congratulations--she is beautiful!!

The Brewer Family

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger asiangard said...

Oh what a cutie pie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home