[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Your guess is as good as mine



CCAA has not let any secrets out to our agency, but several rumors are swishing around other agencies that our group of waiting parents will get referrals either late December or sometime in January. However, I'm not holding my breath. It seems that every time I've thought we'd get to see a picture of our Cadence, something's happened to set us back, yet another two weeks...another month...another season.




So here we are, playing the guessing game. C'mon, sing along with us....If I only knew how that song should go, I'd have it memorized by now. Quite honestly though, I don't even know why I'm so anxious to get her referral. I'm frazzled when it comes to knowing what to pack for China. I'm still hoping we'll have enough money to take to China with us. And to add to the list of things to cross off the to-do list, Cady's room is far from completed. I continue to procrastinate when it comes to purchasing a highchair or rocking chair. Actually, I used to shake my head in disbelief when I heard there were parents that don't purchase anything before they see their child's face, for fear it would jinx their reality of getting a child. Now I wonder if they knew something that I didn't.



So, when will we see our Cady? If you would've asked me that question last March, I would have proclaimed, "Sometime in September '05." If you would've asked me that same question...which many did, in September '05, I would have announced, "It seems now, we will get to see her picture in November '05....Ya see, there was a small glitch in getting everything to China". If you would've asked me in November, I would have said with a sigh, "Maybe December '05. Now, there's been a few slow downs in China that are affecting adoptions." And if you ask me this month, the answer is.... "Maybe this month, maybe January....perhaps February, depending on what happens and how many referrals CCAA sends out before Chinese New Year, which starts January 29th. Your guess is as good as mine."

By the way, if you hear of our referral before I do, feel free to email me. I'll be here....waiting.

2 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Blogger Donna said...

I LOVE that goldfish photo! Hopefully, the rumors are true. I wanna see Cady almost as much as her new mom and dad do!

:::hugs:::

Donna
Mom to Gwen of Shenzhen!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Hope it's soon. You have waited so long..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home