[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thank you


One year ago, Thanksgiving Day 2004, we made the decision to adopt a child from China. What more perfect day to decide to have a child, than the day we always give thanks for our blessings.
I thought tonight, as I was driving home from work....of all the things I am thankful for, and I started thanking God for so many things I've been given, for so many times I've been blessed and protected. I visualized pieces of my life, times I've been frightened, happy, content, loved, in need, and for each piece of that puzzle of my life I said, "Thank you".
-Thank you for giving to me my son, for his giggles as a child, for the times I've been loved, for the flowers he picked from the neighbors yard, for the closeness we share today.
-Thank you for the memories of Arin, Angel and Rosie, for times they loved me, for times we felt like a family, for trusting me with their love.
-Thank you for influencing Eric to do what he could do, and for our younger years when all things were new.
-Thank you for my parents, and my brothers, and for gracing my childhood with the beauty of the countryside.
-Thank you for the things that never happened, that could have been devistating.
-Thank you for the friends that are lifelong....Carrie, Cherie, Kris...friends that, for one reason or another have a strong link to my life.
-Thank you for bringing Scott to my life, for finding him, and for uniting us against all odds.
-Thank you for keeping Daniel safe, and for blessing him with such a beautiful and sweet girlfriend, Char.
-Thank you for bringing my family together again, and most importantly, for wanting to be a family on Thanksgiving Day and always.

1 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This brought tears to my eyes. I am sitting here miserable at work and I decided to take a peek . I pray to God that karen and Scott get a healthy baby. And that all their wishes and dreams come true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home