[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]

Thursday, October 13, 2005

AirBorne


OK, so a blogger friend mentioned AirBorne vitamins for traveling to China. And after reading about it, and hearing that our friends didn't get sick when they went to China, I was sold. The suggested usage is 3 pills per day, disolved in water..so we stocked up for the 12 day trip. I also got some for Cadence, to dissolve in water and put into a bottle. I figure we're going to need all the buffer we can get since we're going to be traveling in winter.

I thought they were chewables, so I popped one in my mouth to test the taste and quality. It started fizzing immediately, and although it tasted like Mountain Dew, the fizz was a bit much.
Note to self: read instructions first next time.

4 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried Airborne the other day and it seemed to work well for my cold, but the main ingredient in Airborne is Sorbitol, which is known to cause, err, gastrointestinal distress in some folks, including me. I'd strongly recommend trying a few first and seeing how you do before you take it on a very long plane ride! :)

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband and I tried this in water--and that was fizzy enough! He was taking a plane trip, and we didn't want him to get sick. He didn't! But the day after he left, I came down with a sinus infection. Airborn just wasn't meant to be for me. lol.

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been taking this stuff every few days because the weather is changing and I haven't gotten sick, and their tasty... good idea to take them on trip, 3 a day seems like a lot though...
Arin

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Bonnie, Clyde, Bubba Jr. & Charleigh-Jo said...

When we went recently to China, we took 3 on both of the days we had the overseas flights (taken as directed, every three hours or so) and we took one a day every day inbetween.

ALL of us (I made our son take 1/2 a pill a day) were well the entire trip. (I suffered from allergies the first day, but Airborne doesn't work for that).

I highly recommend it (dissolved in water or juice :) )
IMHO the orange tastes better than the lemon lime...

B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home